You probably know that if you were to slip on a puddle of cola in a supermarket and sustain injuries, you could sue that store for a slip and fall injury.
But what if you were about to open a bottle of cola and it exploded in your face causing an injury? Would you sue the store, the company that made the cola, the company that manufactured the bottle or all three?
Whether your injury seems simple or even more complicated, there are good reasons to hire a San Antonio injury lawyer.
Six benefits of hiring a San Antonio injury lawyer
- A San Antonio injury lawyer is experienced in injury law. He or she will have years of experience with injury law and can help determine who or what caused your injury (who was at fault) and who should be sued.
- A San Antonio personal injury lawyer is skilled at negotiating with insurance companies. The number one objective of an insurance company in an injury case is to settle your claim as quickly and as inexpensively as possible. Your personal injury lawyer has experience working with insurance companies and can get you a much better settlement than you would be able to get on your own.
- A San Antonio injury attorney can help you build your case. You can seek compensation for a number of expenses that might not ever occur to you. For example, if you require in-home therapy, crutches or a wheel chair, yo
u can be compensated for these expenses, along with doctor’s visits, oxygen therapy and many other legitimate expenses.
- A San Antonio accident lawyer can get you compensated for pain and suffering and mental distress. When you’re injured, you not only have out-of-pocket expenses, you will have suffered pain and probably mental distress. You may not have thought you could be compensated for your pain, but a accident lawyer will make sure you do. He or she will have had experience in gauging intangibles such as pain and distress and will know how to put a price tag on them to get you the best possible settlement.
- A San Antonio personal injury law firm can represent you in court. There are times when your lawyer and the insurance company are just not able to agree to a settlement that would be fair to you. In these cases, your personal injury law firm can file suit and try your case in a court of law. In fact, in some instances just filing suit can force the insurance company to come up with a better settlement offer.
- A San Antonio injury lawyer doesn’t cost you anything out-of-pocket. Injury lawyers will usually consult with you initially for free. If he or she agrees that you have a claim worth pursuing, you can almost count on being charged what’s called a contingency fee. This means your lawyer will be compensated by taking a percentage of whatever settlement she or he wins for you. This percentage usually varies from 25% to 40%, depending on how much work the lawyer has to do.
If you are injured for any reason, you could handle your claim yourself. But the best answer is to hire a San Antonio injury lawyer – to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.